Millennial’s monthly update – November 2017

November has been a busy one. It kicked off with a 50th birthday party close to home for a family friend. The night had all the usual things you would expect, from cheesy music to drunken dancing and a standard party buffet.

50th Birthday Party

The next evening was bonfire night where we gathered at some friends for fireworks and drinks. Despite the pretty miserable weather we had a fun night, followed suitably by a sore head the next day. I’ve never been a big fan of fireworks, think I’m a bit of a wuss when it comes to the risk of an AWOL home firework. However, when it comes to displays like those at Disney Parks I’m like a child at Christmas!

My uncle and his dog came over from Lytham St Anne’s on the Sunday for a roast and to watch the football. It’s always good to see them! They also returned on the last weekend of the month for another visit 🙂

On Tuesday 11th I went to see Sean Paul in concert with a few friends at Manchester’s Victoria Warehouse. It was a Jamaican themed evening, with supporting artists such as Chi-Ching Ching. Although the venue was extremely busy and rather hot we were still able to throw some shapes to his classics, including Temperature, We Be Burnin’ and Get Busy.

On Armistice day we watched a war film called Hacksaw Ridge about an American conscientious objector in World War 2 who served his country as a frontline medic during their fight against Japan. A true story, it was emotional to watch ahead of Remembrance Sunday.

Hacksaw Ridge

On Remembrance Sunday we watched the ceremony at the cenotaph in London on TV, as we do every year. We then went to meet Ady’s family for a Sunday carvery at The Rose n’ Bowl in Bacup for his sister’s birthday. Honestly, I have never seen so much meat on one plate! An ex serviceman, his grandad had spent 2 weeks prior collecting for the Poppy Appeal. He got to lay a wreath at his local memorial in Ramsbottom before we went out – a proud moment.

The following week I accepted a job offer with a large sports company to work for the digital department at their head office near to home. This lead to a very sad departure at my current place of work, where I have been supporting them part time since starting my Masters dissertation earlier this year. It seems I will largely be remembered for my karaoke efforts going off the messages in the card I was given!

Before starting my new job I thought it would be a good opportunity to go and visit my good friend in London. I’d been saying I’ll go for months and hadn’t yet gotten around to it. I decided to save money and take the Megabus. Besides I could get round to things I’ve been putting off on the almost 6 hour journey – haha. The main things we got up to were drinks at Pergola and a trip to the Christmas markets around London that were open at the time. I don’t get chance to visit the capital often so it was great to go down and enjoy the festivities nice and early.

I returned home late on the Thursday evening feeling ready for rest, especially since the bus broke down and we were delayed. The next morning I got up and ready to go to Knowsley Safari Park with another close friend as his birthday treat. I was determined to make the most of the days I had left before starting full time on the Monday. We had such a fun day! The animals were largely still active despite the cold and we were able to keep warm in the comfort of the car.

We finished a pleasant day with a visit to TGI Friday’s in Prestwich. My friend and I had been joking for years about whether or not I could finish a full rack of ribs and sides. And here’s the result…

…My meal totalled a staggering 3,800 calories! And that was with diet coke.

Then later we went for a few drinks close to home. I refrained from eating more.

After a weekend of life admin like sorting house insurance and filling out tax returns the big day arrived and it was time to make that great first impression. It’s always nerve racking starting a new job. Meeting new people in new surroundings with a new work culture to get to grips with.

I can confirm that my first day was great and I am settling in well! The team are very welcoming and the role is interesting. It’s nice to be able to work in a role that puts the skills I developed in my Masters into use – makes it all seem worth while.

This month we also got to hang out with friends and order takeaway, and we met gorgeous baby Rupert Samuel, born to good friends of ours. How cute!

After a busy month I’m looking forward to a career and family focussed December. I need to get saving as there’s lots of family birthdays over the festive period too! The next time I’ll be updating you on my goings on will be in the New Year. 2018 – Yikes! Until then….

Natalie x

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s